Meet the Vikings
Away on business – the large outdoor courtyard is filled with Viking crafts, games and recreations for adults and children alike.
- Try your bow and arrow skills, tug-of-war, duelling, Nine Men’s Morris and the wishing maze.
- Play in the market tent and try on Viking clothes.
- Try your hand at Viking-age crafts (NB! The forge closes at 15.30).
- Bake Viking bread and tend the kitchen garden (NB! The bakery closes at 15.30).
- Vikings – Away on Business, free guided tours in English for adults, daily at 12.00 and 13.00 and in Swedish at 14.00. Get your free ticket at the information desk!
The museum is closed June 22 and 23 due to Midsummer holidays. Meet the Vikings continues Sunday June 24.
‘Meet the Vikings’ is a cooperation between the Swedish History Museum and the Royal Coin Cabinet.
The Viking Exhibition
The museum is proud to present one of the world’s largest Viking exhibitions, with genuine artefacts and stories about powerful people and their slaves. Hear about exciting stories and learn about the trading voyages and trade routes of the Viking Age, reflected in the Vikings’ day-to-day objects and richly ornamented artefacts.
The Gold Room
Here, you will find Sweden’s greatest gold and silver treasures, including some dating from the Viking period.
The Rosengården Restaurant
Serves splendid lunches, Viking platters and mead, coffee and home baking.
The Museum Shop
The Museum Shop offers a wide range of handcrafts, glass, jewellery, books, toys and souvenirs inspired by our exhibitions.