Norse Mythology in Life and Beyond
Try outdoor Viking crafts and games. Listen to exciting stories from Norse mythology. Visit one of the world´s largest Viking exhibitions with unique artefacts. Great fun for young and old alike!
- Try out archery, tug-of-war, holmgang, nine men’s morris and the magic maze.
- Bake Viking bread (10.00–15.30) and tend the kitchen garden.
- Play in the Viking tent and dress up in Viking outfits.
- Visit the site of the Norse gods.
- Try your hand at Viking crafts.
- Learn all about runes
- The Viking Exhibition
- Free daily guided tours, in English, at 12.00 and 13.00, in Swedish at 14.00. Get your ticket at the information desk. Limited number of participants!
- Read more about the worlds and beings of Norse mythology.
We have one of the world’s largest Viking exhibitions, with genuine artefacts and exciting tales of mighty Vikings and their role in slavery. Discover the Vikings’ relations with gods and mythical creatures, as reflected in both everyday and richly ornamented objects.
The Gold Room
Explore Sweden’s premier gold and silver treasures, including Viking Age pieces.
The Rosengården Restaurant
Serves wonderful lunches, Viking platters and mead, coffee and homemade cakes.
The Museum Shop
Offers a varied range of craft items, glass, jewellery, books, toys and souvenirs inspired by the exhibitions.