The musem is open!
From April 13 the museum is open, in compliance with recommendations issued by the Government and its expert agencies in response to COVID-19.
Opening hours from April 13
Tuesday to Sunday: 11 am–5 pm
Wednesday also: 5 pm–8 pm
We have been taken a number of measures to ensure that visitors can safely enjoy the museum, including:
- limiting the number of visitors to the museum as a whole and to each individual room
- installing signs indicating how many people are permitted in each room at the same time
- having staff on hand to offer assistance and ensure that no congestion occurs
- to ensure that no congestion occurs at Restaurant Rosengården, the exhibition Prehistories history will open at 1 pm instead of 11 am when the rest of the museum opens
- making hand sanitiser available at several points around the museum
- making sure soap and water is available in toilets for good hand hygiene; and
- introducing more stringent cleaning procedures.
Plan your visit
If you want to visit the museum when there are usually fewer visitors and extra space, we recommend that you come between 3 pm and 5 pm or at the evening opening on Wednesdays at 5 pm–8 pm. In our large museum building with a plenty of space, you can experience eleven exhibitions on your own and with an audio guide.
The restaurant is open Tuesday to Sunday at 11.30–15.00 and serves Daily lunch Tuesday to Friday.
Welcome to experience dramatic life stories, power struggles, love, celebration and everyday life from the ice age to the present day!